Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The big O-6.

It's six years for Matt and I. We weren't able to get out by ourselves, but we took the kids and went to dinner on Saturday night. Their behavior was spectacular. Not even an instance of arguing or wet pants. Then on Sunday, Gram asked us to go to dinner for our anniversary, so Dad, Andi, Gram and the four of us went out. It was really nice to just be with family (Jess come home).

Mom's making AJ's costume and will bring it home with her in October. She's relocated to Florida and is loving it. I do miss her, but I know she is there with her mom, so that's okay with me.

Matt began a project to have the downspouts drain further from the house. Matt says,"Can you come help me for a minute?" That really meant,"Can you shimmy under the deck on your belly, attach the drains, screw them together and then find your way out?" Anyway, I did that and then Matt did the muddy work of burying the drains. It turned out good and I'm not at all bitter about the shimmying. Not at all.

Erin's finally wearing underpants instead of diapers. She told me a while back that she'd wear underpants when she turned four. So, I just stopped buying diapers and there we go. Erin's doing a great job.

AJ is completely ready and excited for fall because it means his birthday and Halloween are coming up.

No comments: